The Austin Board of REALTORS® is the author of this site, strives to make our website user-friendly for those with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA). Though the ADA and Department of Justice have not published official guidelines for compliance, we have taken the initiative to make our site as accessible as possible for everyone.
If you are sight-impaired, hearing impaired, mobility impaired or have other disabilities, and have input and ideas on how we can improve your access to this site, please let us know at email@example.com. We take your input seriously, and our mission is to make our site as accessible as possible for everyone.
That’s why, over time, we will be working to employ the following standards to improve accessibility for everyone:
- All menus are accessible by screen readers
- Every image, video file, audio file, plug-in, etc. has an alt tag; if we have accidentally missed an alt tag, please let us know
- Decorative graphics with no other function have empty alt descriptions (alt= “”)
- Complex graphics are accompanied by detailed text descriptions
- The alt descriptions describe the purpose of the objects
- If an image is also used as a link, the alt tag describes the graphic and the link destination
- Videos linked on our website are posted on YouTube where captions are readily available
- Text transcripts available
- We do not use image mapping on our site
- The tags contain an alt attribute
- Data tables have the column and row headers appropriately identified (using the tag)
- Table cells are associated with the appropriate headers (e.g. with the id, headers, scope and/or axis HTML attributes)
- Pages do not contain a strobe effect or repeatedly flashing images
- When form controls are text input fields we use the LABEL element
- When text is not available we use the title attribute
Our website will be tested on a periodic basis with assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers, and with users with disabilities who use these technologies. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If, at any time, you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular Web page on our website or for additional information, or to talk to us about how we can better serve your needs, please contact us at:
Austin Board of REALTORS®
4800 Spicewood Springs Rd.
Austin, TX 78759
If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the Web page in your email, and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible for you.