As we celebrate Pride Month, we must call attention to the fact that the real estate market can still be an unequal playing field for many LGBTQ+ homeowners, buyers, and sellers. Help us make this industry better by reading and sharing NAGLREP’s 2019-2020 LGBT Real Estate Report with your colleagues.
Sexual orientation and gender identity are protected within the NAR Code of Ethics, but not in the federal Fair Housing Act. Righting this wrong was a top priority at our recent NAR Legislative Visits in Washington, D.C. We applaud the U.S. House of Representatives for passing the Equality Act – which provides the needed protections – and now urge the U.S. Senate to take the next step to prohibit this kind of discrimination.
Get to know our 2019 Strategic Partners!
- Austin Association of Real Estate Brokers (AAREB)
- Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- Austin Young Real Estate Professionals (AYREP)
- National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP)
- National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM)
- Residential Real Estate Council (RRC)
- Women’s Council of Realtors (WCR)